Thursday, March 01, 2007

Ignorant proles

A truly wonderful letter in today's Morning Star:

"Here in Wandsworth, we have two supermarkets, Waitrose and Sainsburys, where I, as well as my brother, can pick up the Morning Star.

"One criticism that I would make about these mega-food monopolies is the amount of Israeli produce flooding their shelves at the moment.

"Recently, my sister and I have found it impossible in either of these stores to purchase, for example, new potatoes, sweet peppers or mint from any other source except Israel.

"The special preference given to Israel by the EU needs to be scrapped.

"More of a worry is the complete lack of any political consciousness shown by many of its workforce.

"When we enquire where the produce comes from and say that we won't be buying it as it's from Israel, we end up receiving a blank look of bewilderment.

"They probably think we are anti-semitic.

"DAVID MACCINI

"London SW18"

I do so hope that last sentence is correct.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home